Besides the Minolta 9000's standard focusing matte screen, four additional Acute-Matte screens are available. Tweezers are supplied with each screen, enabling quick, simple user replacement. Both screens for the 9000 (focusing screen 90) and the 7000 (focusing screen 70) can be used, even if the G, L, S, and C screens for the 7000 lacks the spot metering circle. You can also use screens for the 7000i; they have the spot metering circle, but also an additional "wide focus" field that the 9000 lacks.
Focusing screen 90
- Type G: This is the standard screen. Focus frame and spot-metering circle on matte field; for general photography.
- Type L: Grid, focus frame, and spot-metering circle on matte field; for general and architectural photography.
- Type S: Vertical and horizontal scales, focus frame, and spot-metering circle on matte field; for macro-, micro-, and astrophotography.
- Type C: Focus frame and spot-metering circle on clear field.
Focusing screen 70
- Type PM: Split-image/microprism/matte-field; autofocusing zone along split-image, spot-metering area same diameter as microprism circle.